The Person Identify API allows you to use broad search inputs to retrieve multiple records from our person dataset. In particular, this endpoint enables functionality such as searching through a single identifying attribute, such as name, email, phone number, company, school or location, in addition to using any combination of these attributes and more. The API then scores and sorts all matching records that it returns based on the strength of their association with the input parameters.
How Does the Person Identify API Compare with Other Person-Related Endpoints?
See our Introduction for a detailed breakdown regarding the differences between the Person Identify API and our other person-related products.
A key use case for this endpoint is building comprehensive profiles for specific individuals, such as in the areas of:
- Investigations and forensics
- Fraud risk modeling
- Identity modeling for customer onboarding and other KYC applications
At a high level, the Person Identify API works as follows:
- You specify some characteristics about the identity that you are interested in and pass these as input parameters to the API.
- The API cleans the input parameter values and searches our Person Dataset for matching profiles using fuzzy-matching logic.
- The API returns up to 20 of the the best matching profiles in its response while ranking them by their match score.
Please check out the following pages for more information on the Person Identify API:
|A quick hands-on introduction to the API with simple code examples.
|Detailed descriptions of the technical specifications and usage constraints.
|In-depth explanations of the input parameters that the API supports.
|In-depth explanations of the output response object that the API returns.
|A collection of functional code examples and walkthroughs that illustrate various use cases and applications of the API.
|Answers to commonly asked questions and other good-to-know information.
Updated about 2 months ago